Hearty roast veggies combined with the freshness of summer salads. That’s what you get when you create our roast vegetable salad. Perfect for catering for large numbers, you can change the ratio of the veggies to suit the occasion and the guests. Served with both BBQ meats or oven baked or slow cooked roast meats, this salad is easy, versatile and great for feeding the masses.
Baby Spinach leaves
Ground cumin spice
Creamy Fetta cheese (optional)
- Cut in to small pieces the Pumpkin and Sweet potato and sprinkle with ground cumin spice
- Cut beetroot into small pieces and add to a baking tray with the potato and pumpkin. Drizzle with olive oil and roast at approx 180 deg.
- Cut zucchini into small chunks. Red onion into wedges and the capsicum into big pieces. Add these to the oven after about 15-20 mins.
- Remove the capsicum and place it into a freezer bag to sweat off the skins. Peel skins away and slice.
- Layer all vegetables through the spinach leaves.
- Dress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Chop the Fetta and serve on the side for those who can tolerate dairy products.
Quantities of vegetables will depend on the number of people being served and the desired ratio of no-starchy to starchy vegetables desired.