The humble egg is packed with healthy fats, choline for a healthy liver, protein and a whole lot more vitamins and minerals essential for good health. Now that eggs are back on the menu, you can enjoy them in a variety of ways. For fast easy eggs toss together a basic omelette, weekday or weekends. You will stay full and satisfied until lunch time.
- 2 free range eggs
- 1-2 rashers of good quality gluten free bacon
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- Red onion (optional)
- pre heat the pan (whilst you complete some other morning tasks)
- lightly fry your chopped bacon and onion
- whisk the eggs together in a bowl, add the chopped mushrooms and cherry tomatoes
- Pour egg mix over the bacon and place a lid on the pan (not necessary but speeds up the cooking time)
- place spinach leaves over 1/2 the omelette and fold the omelette in half. Cook for a couple more minutes.
- Serve with avocado slices on top.