Trying to find yummy healthy alternatives to replace dips, spreads and condiments can be tricky when you’re trying to eat clean. We found this amazing recipe for beetroot hummus in Pete Evens cook book ‘Every-day Healthy’. Cook up a batch of this delicious nutrient dense hummus that can be added to salads, used as a condiment with meat or served with celery and carrots sticks for a healthy snack.
- 500 g beetroot
- 3 tablespoons unhulled tahini
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre heat over to 200 degrees
- Wrap whole beetroots in foil and bake in oven for 30-40 min or until tender. Once beetroots have cooled peel and roughly chop
- Place beetroot and all other ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl add season to taste.
Serve with sea crackers or raw vegetables. Add as a topping to salads or serve as a condiment with meats.
Last for 5 days in sealed container kept in fridge